Last updated May 2018
Your information will be held by Leading Oil & Gas Industry Competitiveness (LOGIC) of Annan House 4th Floor. 33-35 Palmerston Road, Aberdeen, AB11 5QP. LOGIC operates as the custodian for cross-industry projects that aim to increase the efficiency of working practice in the United Kingdom Continental Shelf (known as the UKCS). LOGIC is a not-for-profit wholly owned subsidiary of Oil & Gas UK.
LOGIC is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our Privacy Notice explains:
- What information we collect and why we collect it
- How we use that information
- Our legal basis for processing
- Who we share our personal information with
- How long we hold personal data
- Your rights in relation to your information
Information that we collect
We may collect, store and use personal information about you from these sources:
- Information you give to us: For example, when you register for our products and services, when you talk to us on the phone or at a meeting or event, in e-mails and letters, in surveys, when you use our website. We will typically collect name, e-mail address, job title, telephone number, postal address and in certain circumstances we will collect date of birth and nationality.
- Information we get when you use our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them for example, when you download a standard contract or register for one of our services. Website usage information is collected using IP addresses and cookies.
- Information we receive from other sources / third parties. We collect information from third parties for example Master Deed transaction leaders notify us of your involvement in an asset transfer. We typically collect name and e-mail.
If you do not provide personal information
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that personal information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with services). In this case, we may have to cancel the service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How do we use the information that we collect
At LOGIC we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and we will only use your personal information:
- to manage our relationship with you;
- to sign your company up to requested industry schemes and engage with you in respect of the same;
- to provide and improve our services to you including our website services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we may feel may be of interest to you;
- to compile anonymous statistics, for example website usage statistics;
- to inform you about our training and efficiently run that training;
- to fulfil our legal obligations;
- to process and respond to inquiries; and
- to send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you.
Our legal basis for processing personal information
In order for LOGIC to fulfil its contractual, membership and customer obligations, we need to collect personal information relating to you. We will only process your personal information when we have a lawful basis for doing so. Our lawful basis will be one or more of the following:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract; or
- When it is our legal duty; or
- When it is in our legitimate interest.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to process your information. But even then, it must not unfairly go against what is right and best for you. Our legitimate interests are as follows:
- to effectively run and manage the business of LOGIC as custodian for cross industry projects;
- to provide the services available throughout our website;
- to promote the development of services offered to industry and further improve those services;
- to promote, manage and run training;
- to promote and circulate information and news about the industry and specifically the project tools to industry the wider public;
Who we share your personal information with and why
Please note that we may share your information with third parties who provide services to us on our behalf including but not limited to postal services, document storage facilities, IT service providers such as cloud providers of software, companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you. We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law. We will not share your information with any other third party.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
To deliver services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to share your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA), for example:
- with our service providers located outside the EEA; or
- if you are based outside the EEA;
Such countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. Any transfer of your personal information will be subject to appropriate or suitable relevant safeguards.
If you would like further information regarding the mechanisms used to comply with data protection laws when transferring your personal information out of the EEA, or to obtain a copy of the safeguards, please contact us (see our contact information below).
How long will we hold your personal data for?
We will keep your data only for as long as it is necessary for the particular purpose or purposes for which we hold it unless there are any legal or operational reasons to hold it for a longer period in accordance with our internal retention procedures. The retention period depends on the nature of the information. If you would like further details regarding the applicable retention period(s) which apply to your data, please contact us (see our contact information below). At the end of that period the data that we hold will be securely destroyed.
Your rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you.
You have rights under data protection laws to request from us access to, rectification of, or erasure of your personal data. You also have the right to request the restriction of any processing or to object to our processing of your personal data. Finally, you have the right to data portability. Please use the contact details below to exercise your rights. You can find more information about your rights at www.ICO.org.uk.
If you have any questions or concerns about how long we keep your information for, please contact us using the details below.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner in respect of our processing of your personal data. Information can be found at www.ICO.org.uk.
Our contact information
If you have any queries relating to this privacy notice or the processing of your personal information, please contact us at:
- email@example.com; or
- Legal Manager, OEUK, Annan House 4th Floor. 33-35 Palmerston Road, Aberdeen, AB11 5QP